• INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND SOIL SCIENCE adopts the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors on publication ethics.
• INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND SOIL SCIENCE follows the under listed guidelines:
• INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND SOIL SCIENCE not usually in a position to investigate misconduct allegations themselves, but editors have a responsibility to alert appropriate bodies (for example, employers, funders, regulatory authorities) and encourage them to investigate.
• INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND SOIL SCIENCE publishes 'retractions' if work is proven to be fraudulent, or 'expressions of concern' if editors have well-founded suspicions of misconduct.
• INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND SOIL SCIENCE encourage authors and readers to inform them if they discover errors in published work.
• IRJAS encourages correspondence commenting on published items and should always invite authors to respond to any correspondence before publication. However, authors do not have a right to veto unfavorable comments about their work and they may choose not to respond to criticisms.
• Neither peer-reviewer comments nor published correspondence should contain personal attacks on the authors. Editors should encourage peer reviewers to criticize the work not the researcher and should edit (or reject) letters containing personal or offensive statements.
• INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND SOIL SCIENCE Journals editors and readers have a right to expect that submitted work is the author's own, that it has not been plagiarized (i.e. taken from other authors without permission, if permission is required) and that copyright has not been breached (for example, if figures or tables are reproduced).
• Our Different Journals ask peer reviewers to destroy submitted manuscripts after they have reviewed them. Journals should ask authors for a declaration that the submitted work and its essential substance have not previously been published and are not being considered for publication elsewhere.
• INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND SOIL SCIENCE Journal guidelines to peer reviewers is explicit about the roles and responsibilities of peer reviewers, in particular the need to treat submitted material in confidence until it has been published.
• Authors of INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND SOIL SCIENCE IRJAS must Adhere to the following Guidelines:: That the award of authorship should balance intellectual contributions to the conception, design, analysis and writing of the study against the collection of data and other routine work. If there is no task that can reasonably be attributed to a particular individual, then that individual should not be credited with authorship. Authors must declare that the work reported is their own and that they are the copyright owner (or else have obtained the copyright owner's permission).
Authors must declare that the submitted work and its essential substance have not previously been published and are not being considered for publication elsewhere. Only unpublished manuscripts should be submitted.
Author(s) must avoid disputes over attribution of academic credit, it is helpful to decide early on in the planning of a research project who will be credited as authors, as contributors, and who will be acknowledged.
All authors must take public responsibility for the content of their paper. The multidisciplinary nature of much research can make this difficult, but this can be resolved by the disclosure of individual contributions. Careful reading of the target journal’s “Advice to Authors” is advised, in the light of current uncertainties. It is unethical to submit a manuscript to more than one journal concurrently. Any conflict of interest must be clearly stated.
Author(s) must acknowledge the sources of data used in the development of the manuscript. All errors discovered in the manuscript after submission must be quickly communicated to the Editor. Author(s) should state that the study they are submitting was approved by the relevant research ethics committee or institutional review board.
If human participants were involved, manuscripts must be accompanied by a statement that the experiments were undertaken with the understanding and appropriate informed consent of each. If experimental animals were used, the materials and methods (experimental procedures) section must clearly indicate that appropriate measures were taken to minimize pain or discomfort, and details of animal care should be provided. Authors should submit a short description of all contributions to their manuscript. Each author's contribution should be described in brief. Authors of research papers should state whether they had complete access to the study data that support the publication. Contributors who do not qualify as authors should also be listed and their particular contribution described. This information should appear as an acknowledgement. Author(s) should include information about research funding in all papers they prepare for publication. Authors should inform journals if they discover errors in published work. Authors have a right to appeal editorial decisions.
Reviewers of INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND SOIL SCIENCE IRJAS must Adhere to the following Guidelines: That all manuscripts are reviewed in fairness based on the intellectual content of the paper regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry nor political values of author(s). That any observed conflict of interest during the review process must be communicated to the Editor. That all information pertaining to the manuscript is kept confidential. That any information that may be the reason for the rejection of publication of a manuscript must be communicated to the Editor. The duty of confidentiality in the assessment of a manuscript must be maintained by expert reviewers, and this extends to reviewers’ colleagues who may be asked (with the editor’s permission) to give opinions on specific sections. The submitted manuscript should not be retained or copied. Reviewers and editors should not make any use of the data, arguments, or interpretations, unless they have the authors’ permission. Reviewers should provide speedy, accurate, courteous, unbiased and justifiable reports.
Editors of INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND SOIL SCIENCE IRJAS must Adhere to the following Guidelines: Editors’ decisions to accept or reject a paper for publication should be based only on the paper’s importance, originality, and clarity, and the study’s relevance to the remit of the journal. Editors must treat all submitted papers as confidential. Editors should inform peer reviewers about this Misconduct. Editors should encourage peer reviewers to consider ethical issues raised by the research they are reviewing Editors should request additional information from authors if they feel this is required. Editors should exercise sensitivity when publishing images of objects that might have cultural significance or cause offence. Editors should inform readers if ethical breaches have occurred. Editors should encourage peer reviewers to identify if they have a conflict of interest with the material they are being asked to review, and editors should ask that peer reviewers decline invitations requesting peer review where any circumstances might prevent them producing fair peer review. Editors may choose to use peer reviewers suggested by authors, but should not consider suggestions made by authors as binding. Editors should mediate all exchanges between authors and peer reviewers during the peer-review process (i.e. prior to publication). If agreement cannot be reached, editors should consider inviting comments from additional peer reviewer(s), if the editor feels that this would be helpful. Journals should consider stating in their guidelines that the editor's decision following such an appeal is final.