|Journal of Research in Nursing and Midwifery (JRNM) (ISSN: 2315-568x) Vol. 4(3) pp. 47-52, June, 2015. DOI: http:/dx.doi.org/10.14303/JRNM.2015.035. Copyright © 2015 International Research Journals
OSCE / OSPE: A tool for objectivity in general nursing examination in Nigeria
Osaji Teresa A, Opiah Margret M, Onasoga Olayinka A.
Department of Maternal and child Health Nursing, Faculty of Nursing Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa state, Nigeria.
Corresponding author’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Received March 26, 2015; Accepted April 9, 2015
This paper highlights currently practiced clinical evaluation methods in General nursing programmes in Nigeria, explain the acronyms OSCE / OSPE, view their methodologies, advantages and limitations. Finally, useful suggestions that address unique evaluation practices capable of producing credible clinical evaluations, as well as empowering teacher – student – client relationships and cooperation are proffered.
Key words: OSCE, OSPE, Clinical practice, Clinical evaluation, Nursing programmes
Search Other Articles by author(s)
List of Other Journals
- International Research Journal of Computer Science and Information Systems
- International Research Journal of Musicology and Drama
- Journal of Dentistry, Medicine and Medical Sciences
- International Research Journal of Bioengineering and Biomedical Sciences
- International Research Journal of Engineering Science, Technology and Innovation
- See Full List