|Educational Research (ISSN:2141-5161) Vol. 2(12), pp. 1727-1732, December 2011
Copyright © 2011 International Research Journals
Human values in education: Reflecting on the core
Narayan Krishna Prabhu, Ph.D
AMA International University of Bahrain
Received 22 September, 2011; Accepted 07 November, 2011
An in-depth study is initiated in values and human values in particular along with contributions of various researchers. An historical peep into value literature is followed by retrospections on the connections between values and education. The human values’ interventions in the academic field are probed for their utility. The response[s] of the education system is deciphered with societal and community needs in the backdrop. How Value Education elevates man is emphasized. The Western and Eastern thoughts on the captioned subject are compared. The Value System of East Asia and India is delineated. The Universal Values and the changes it would bring about are emphasized.
Keywords: Values, human values, value system, human values’ interventions, value education, universal values.
Search Other Articles by author(s)
List of Other Journals
- Journal of Research in Environmental Science and Toxicology
- International Research Journal of Library, Information and Archival Studies
- International Research Journal of Bioengineering and Biomedical Sciences
- Journal of Dentistry, Medicine and Medical Sciences
- Journal of Research in Nursing and Midwifery
- See Full List